SEAROUTES values the privacy of your personal data and your usage of our Service and Data.
A list of the Personal Data SEAROUTES may collect, and why we collect it, follows.
What types of personal data does SEAROUTES collect?
Registration and log-in information
We collect the information you provide in our registration form when you sign up for an account. In order to become a Member of SEAROUTES you need to provide us your name, line of business, email address and password in order to create your own personal account.
SEAROUTES collects information of visitors of our website, where this is voluntarily provided to meet a request from those individuals, such as when they interact with SEAROUTES’ Customer Service and Sales teams in order to accurately categorise and respond to their requests. For example, we collect email address, company name, telephone and operating system when visitors fill our contact form and request any information on our services.
Use of Services
We collect information when you interact with and use the SEAROUTES website, SEAROUTES applications and API. Specifically, we collect information about what and how you use our Services, such as the frequency and duration of your activity.
When you access our website or open electronic correspondence from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with SEAROUTES. We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you access or install our Services, such as the operating system and hardware version you use, device settings, battery and signal strength, device identifiers and locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals. For example, we collect information about your connection such as your internet service provider or your mobile operator, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from third – parties
We may collect information about you and your activities on and off SEAROUTES from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we offer our Services jointly or from an advertiser about your experience or interaction with them.
How do we use your personal data?
We may process the personal data we collect in the following ways:
- filing and archiving your personal data in databases for the proper execution of our Services to you
- delivering, developing and improving our Services
- to communicate with you about our Services and inform you about our policies and terms and keeping records of this communication
- to promote and ensure the security of our website and Services
- internal accounting and administration
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example regarding labour or tax law
- for research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and use of our website and applications
- involving you in market research and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided;
- targeted marketing communications relating our products and services (and those of third parties) that we think may interest you, in case you have expressly requested and/ or consented to receiving such actions from us.
We will only process your information, if you have previously given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time in the future), or in case the processing is necessary to provide our services to you; or for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information; or according to our contractual arrangement.
Is personal information disclosed to third – parties?
SEAROUTES takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy.
- our employees; SEAROUTES ensures that our employees who process your personal data are perfectly trained regarding the lawful manner for any processing thereof and have access only on a need-to-know basis in order to meet legitimate business purposes or according to the execution of contractual obligation.
- our contractors and service providers, including suppliers of IT based solutions, that assist SEAROUTES in providing its Services;
- external business advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- financial institutions and credit card providers, according to your explicit consent and authorization for the execution of a payment order (for example stripe);
- Google, mainly for email and calendar services and the provision of Google Analytics service;
- marketing and market research and analysis companies (for example Hubspot);
- government agencies, public authorities and regulatory bodies in order to comply with a valid and authorised request, including a court order or other valid legal process.
Regarding the above mentioned third-party partners of SEAROUTES, we ensure that any processing of the personal data we may disclose to them is subject to the terms of this policy and concerns exclusively the defined by SEAROUTES purposes as described above. For that reason, we adopt contractual agreements whereby the usage of specific technical safety measures is mandated in order to safeguard that your personal data remain secure and is processed only for the purposes defined by us, and not further in manner that is incompatible with our purposes, and in any case in compliance with the applicable law. We do not disclose or transfer your personal data to recipients outside the European Economic Area. We may also provide aggregated anonymous information about the usage of our Services to third parties for our legitimate purposes such as to prospective advertisers on SEAROUTES.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet.
You have the option to accept or disable cookies at any time through your browsers. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or activating the appropriate settings in your smartphone. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how users use our services. Google Analytics cookies do not provide SEAROUTES with any personally identifiable information. They can tell us things like how you arrived at the SEAROUTES site, if you have visited the site before, how long you stay on the site, and which pages on the site you visited. They can also provide us with general information about where in the world a user may be located. This information helps us understand how people use our site and our products, and it gives us information about the kind of experience people have on our site and with our products, all of which helps us learn how to make the SEAROUTES experience even better.
You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics on the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Links to Third Party Sites
Children’s Privacy Protection
Our Services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we make material changes in the way we use Personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our website, and we may ask for your consent to such changes if required by applicable law. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Policy, you will need to close your account following the above.
How to contact us